Livestreaming for business has seen explosive growth during the pandemic, but there’s work to be done to improve user experience.
Fully autonomous vehicles (AVs) are coming. By some estimates, they’ll be ready for passengers en masse as soon as 20201, while others predict we’re at …
With temperatures and abnormal weather patterns on the rise thanks to climate change, fighting wildfires is getting harder and more devastating. Last year, fires in …
Public Safety Powered by Responsible AI
Seeing What Matters
- Predictive Analytics vs. Pandemics – Winning the Supply Chain BattleStriving for no missed shipments. Day in, day out, it’s not a straightforward task. Western Digital’s supply chain teams always need to stay one step ahead. But when COVID-19 hit, with record-shattering flight cancelations, supply shortages, border backlogs, and ever-changing government regulations, the company took on a new plethora of challenges. Many of Western Digital’s
- Post-Pandemic, is the Livestream Surge Here to Stay?Livestreaming for business has seen explosive growth during the pandemic, but there’s work to be done to improve user experience.
- Will Data Security and Privacy Take a Backseat in Autonomous Vehicles?Fully autonomous vehicles (AVs) are coming. By some estimates, they’ll be ready for passengers en masse as soon as 20201, while others predict we’re at the beginning of a long period of hybrid autonomy2. The arrival of AVs promise some highly-anticipated benefits. Safety is at the top of the list: The technology-packed vehicles could prevent3
- As Wildfires Intensify, Firefighters Look to Data TechnologiesWith temperatures and abnormal weather patterns on the rise thanks to climate change, fighting wildfires is getting harder and more devastating. Last year, fires in Australia ravaged the continent, wiping out 27 million acres of land. Fires in the mainland U.S. tore through 2.2 million acres nationwide. This year, California has already reported an increase
- Gaming for Social GoodSocial impact video games are on the rise as an engine for real-world change, thanks to continued advances in technology and developers with a vision.
- STELLAR Analytics for the Win – an A for Enterprise Analytics MasteryDr. Kirk Borne introduces his enterprise analytics framework to drive digital transformation, data analytics adoption, and cultural change for businesses.
- 3 Ways Data is Fueling LGBTQ+ ProgressThe LGBTQ+ community is addressing data equality through video, social media, and other platforms to raise awareness and drive change. We explore how.
- Scientists Are Using AI, Simulation Tech to Fix Our BrainsSimulation technology amplified by AI could be the key to one day treating a life-altering condition. The marriage of AI and innovative supercomputing tools are showing early signs of success in treating epilepsy.
- Data Value, Sustainability & Double EntendresData value, sustainability & double entendres! Dr. Kirk Borne on having fun with analytics and getting results from your data.
- To Resurrect Landmarks of the Past, Researchers Look to Technology of the FutureYears ago, a 3D laser scanning device was used to digitally map the Notre Dame Cathedral. As the 850-year-old structure is rebuilt after the 2019 fire that destroyed its iconic roof and spire, this digital copy could help give the Cathedral new life.
- Infographic | Predictive Modeling: A Cure to Some of Healthcare’s Biggest ChallengesData and processing power, together with the data-mining abilities of AI, gives the healthcare industry a new magnitude of medical insights. One method is predictive modeling – a statistical technique using past behavior to predict future outcomes.
- Over 1001 “Free” Things You Can Do with Your Data – Outcomes-as-a-ServiceFrom 4D printing to digital twins to intent detection and more, Dr. Kirk Borne shares his “big list” of use cases for your data to drive better outcomes.
- The Long, Fast Road to Self-Driving TrucksSelf-driving trucking is following a parallel track to autonomous passenger vehicles. Powerful computers process every data point on that simulated map of the environment. AI algorithms are key, representing some of the most prized intellectual property owned by autonomous trucking companies.
- The 12 Rules of DataOps to Avert a DataOopsDataOps is agile, incremental, and continuously learns. DataOps should be aligned with clearly stated business outcomes that align with previously stated business mission and objectives. Here are our 12 rules of DataOps.
- The Technologies Driving the Future of GamingWith the improvements of new games comes a need for more memory. Console games average 40 GB or so, with some as large as 105 GB. Mobile titles can require several GB as expansions are released.